View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
So, I'm going to stop posting in this thread.

I've spent years and tens of thousands of posts talking about this stuff on Myfitnesspal (there is a forum on there, too.) Honestly, I've worked through this and don't want to jump back in to it again - I have an unconventional, Non 12-Step, Non food-abstinence system that works for my goals and for my particular life.

I have no desire to abstain and not eat certain foods and make it into some big thing that I don't feel like it needs to be. That just ramps up my anxiety and all-or-nothing perfectionist thinking. It's only food. I get good nutrition. I don't get extra points for eating a certain way once I've gotten my basic nutrition needs met.

I wish you all the very best.
I'm sorry if you felt pressured to change the way you eat. We have no expectations here- some people abstain from sugar and flour and others don't have to. Some may use a program and others can do it on their own. I started this thread because I am indeed a food addict who cannot tolerate those things but I would never expect that everyone here is the same. If this isn't a healthy place for you than of course it's better not to contribute. Thank you for your time BiminiBlue and I also wish you the very best.