Old 06-17-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Thanks again Canadian Koala! I threw out my ashtray but had a million lighters floating around and they're just sitting in a closet now too. I've definitely been eating more but tried to cut down on sugar. The main issue I'm still struggling with is sleeping.. I had insomnia when I first quit drinking and now it's sort of back, not as bad as before but there are some nights I'll get less than 6 hours of sleep. So I'm hoping working out will help with that as I'll be physically tired.

I never tried the gum or patches but definitely believe they can ease the transition and probably increase the chances of success. I think I like the idea of the patch most because it's not a hand or mouth thing. With gum or vaping I was worried I'd just remain addicted to the action if that makes any sense.. Cold turkey is violent and volatile though, not something I ever want to experience again!

Good luck TOD and keep us posted! It is nice having the extra money, even if you just use it to pamper yourself you can feel totally guilt free about it