View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

I don't know what topping is either. It appears from what my friend has done, that once they get to a certain point, she cuts the tops off, maybe to promote more horizontal growth? I guess I should ask her. Mmmm... apricots. You send me apricots I will send you mulberries!

I did a wander through the veggie and fruit patch, lots of raspberries, mulberry tree is full, carrots they are struggling, onions I don't know. Tomatoes are rocking It, cukes are weak, beans strong and this is shaping up to be a squash year, all varieties are kinda crazy lol! Lettuce and arugula is ok.

We are designated part of the pollinators path. Really it is just an excuse to not clean up the bush as well as we should. Whoever owned this place has even the tree lines landscaped. Our bushline is 700ft I am not landscaping that. It can grow in and I will register as a pollinators pathway.

One thing I didn't know about living near water, bats at dusk. Apparently the wake, fly in their spot for a bit, then head directly to water to drink. Right over our house. The first night I ran from the barn to the house and have adjusted my chore times accordingly.