Old 06-16-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cobber3

Apparently sugar is the enemy!!!! Thoughts?

Hi guys

I’m on a mission to fine tune this body after years of abuse and I’m starting to learn sugar most definitely had a part to play in my alcoholism. I can get sucked down the rabbit hole of searching the online and thought some here might have experience with it in sobriety. I got blood work done fairly fresh into my sobriety and they told me I was insulin resistant but not diabetic. I honestly didn’t think much of at the time. Now almost 7 months sober, I am definitely seeing that my diet really effects how I feel. I don’t know if the years of sugar from alcohol is hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia but it feels like some days I eat how my body wants me to and I feel amazing and then days like yesterday for instance I don’t and I feel it. When I was drinking I simply wasn’t really ever hunger and just drank my calories. Now I’m still mentally used to living that way and if I don’t eat I start to get all panicky and just really out of it. I did eat reallly clean for 3 weeks and that’s the best I’ve ever felt. I thought people here might have some insight on what’s going on and if your body acclimated to the new lifestyle after a bit. I’m pretty sure my pancreas is still just dumping loads of insulin to account for massive amounts of booze that aren’t there and I’m not quite sure how to fix it. How’d you do it?