View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Liebe

Originally Posted by Womble View Post
I can buy Tramol from my chemist...as much as I like. I think that because I am not drinking I am taking it just for the effect which negates my sobriety really. I am gonna have to stop taking it, but have only been on it for 10 days, but even that can cause me cravings for it if I don't take it.

I was addicted to Pethadine, I was able to con my doctor into giving me a shot weekly at one point, then monthly, but when I was in hospital recently and they gave it to me it did not work to relieve my pain, I have become tolerant to it which is a great worry. If I got something life threatening like cancer there would be no pain relief , morphine is exactly the same and does not work for me either, I royally clusterf*cked myself up.
For me, i could not call myself clean and sober unless i was off everything, including Tramadol because of the high it gave me. It's not easy quitting anything, and ive jumped from one thing to the next in the past. You'll be surprised how resilient your body is when you're off everything...but it takes time.