Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Hey VN.

I don't think you can expect your other half to be anything other than horrified. Understanding your AV is probably beyond his abilities. He loves you after all.

And we do have to take responsibility for our recovery, and do whatever we need to do to stop ourselves getting back to that stage where the obsession to drink returns and blinds us. Looking after ourselves (HALT) , and making boundaries and sticking to them so that we don't get run down physically or emotionally. Using our sober tools. Talking to others about how we're feeling.

It might be worth going back over your recovery plan. It can sometimes be easy in the busy scheme of life to stop doing some of the things that were working for us. Or to think we're past the stage when we need it. I'm an AAer and have heard 'It works if you work it' so many times, and I never mean to stop doing things for my recovery, but every so often I'll be feeling a bit rattley, and usually found I've stopped doing something that had been working. Once I start doing it regularly again, then things get better again. If this isn't the case it may be that it's worth adding some more stuff into your plan.

What does your plan for recovery look like?

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery.

BB