View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rayna87

Day 3 has been the best day yet

Today is my 3rd full day sober, and I feel like a whole new person. I slept the best I have in weeks, since my little 2 week bender I was on. My boss complimented me left and right for something I prepared, and which I prepared yesterday and today in my totally sober state. A client reminded me that I am a good person. Because I love animals, and loved on her emotional service dog last week. I ate a super healthy lunch, and an even healthier dinner. I even worked out!! One of those small “7 minute workout” things...but still more than I’ve done in 2 months!!! Most importantly, I had no urges to open a bottle, and I am looking forward to my new future. Even more importantly...I told my best friend in this town (only been here a few years and aside from my family i only have one close friend my age)...who is a huge drinker and who I usually black out with at least every other weekend...that I can’t do “brunch” this weekend. “Brunch” equals straight drinking, which I try to make sound classier by calling it brunch. But it’s not. And I told her I can’t do it...that is HUGE for me!!!!! She’s pretty much my only constant, regular friend here and I chose staying home by myself and taking care of myself instead. I hope this means I am on the right path