Old 06-14-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

clarity....it is not unusual for in-home detox to be done...especially, under the supervision of a physician. This assumes, of course, that the physician has seen the patient and feels that it would be relatively safe, with supervision.
There can be several contributing circu mstances….for example...the perso n m a y not have insurance, and doesn't want to incur the expense. Other times, the patient refuses to go to inpatient, but, is still asking for help. \In some cases, there may be a paucity of hospital beds...so, they are used for the most critical patients. ect., ect…..

Of course, supervision is always required...and, therefore, suggested. As, all detoxing is, potentially dangerous, and someone needs to be available, in case things go south.
Most of the time...in my experience, the loved ones are so anxious for the person to enter recovery, that they are willing to do the supervision....if they are capable and able to do it.....

In your case, it sounds like you are just tired of the situation and harbor a l ot of anger and resentments for how things have gone....(understandable, by the way)…..
As I said I n my other post to you...perhaps, what is in order is a good, long separation, in order to get more clarity for you and him.....which includes him going to live in a sober house for several weeks to months after the initial rehab...…
Personally, I think that it is more merciful for everyone, this way.....And, it gives you the much needed time to get your own recovery program, for yourself, together... Everyone who has been living with a practicing alcoholic has been affected, in some ways....and, needs attention and healing, themselves.....

***I am unclear...is he at home, with you, right now?