Old 06-14-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
clarity888

Why do I have to supervise at home detox?

Yes, my AH went to a place today and chose to start intensive outpatient rehab. Half due to me, half due to him saying "I've been cutting my consumption and am halfway done, I may need support". When he said that, I called and found a place to help him. Was this interfering too much? I'll never know. What I do know is that the LCDC took his word for how bad his shakes are, then told him "well, outpatient detox can be arranged", and now an MD is prescribing meds by phone and telling me to monitor vitals every 2 hours for 3 days or whatever TF it will be. I cannot be a mom and prepare for a national board exam or deal with this situation. I want him to ask other people to help. Has anyone heard of this, where the spouse is "monitoring" per a doctor's orders? Heart rate, BP, temperature, tremor, etc? I feel like it's too much f-ing responsibility and am so pissed. Also, the AH--when he said "yes, I will do treatment here"--I cried because it was important. And he actually seriously asked "why were you crying?" Are you ******* kidding me? Like you have no f-ing clue? All I want is to get the F out of here for the weekend and get my head away from this.