Old 06-14-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Originally Posted by GerandTwine
This post confirmed to me that my earlier “final congratulations” to DD was appropriate. I believe DD has gone “through” recovery and is on the other side of it, unfettered by any need for future expenses (of time, money, association with struggling addicts, dubious self-imaging, etc.) to remain permanently abstinent.

In this forum labeled Secular Connections and the one next door labeled Permanent Abstinence it is considered the pinnacle of success when a person ends both their addiction AND their recovery. It’s a “graduation”, or a “quantum leap” OUT of a cyclical, rhythmic, deep pleasure appetite trap.

We are all familiar with huge segments of recovery itself which maintain that cyclical, rhythmic nature of appetite existence that is unnecessary, expensive, and for some people debilitating, for acheiving total abstinence.

I thank Sober Recovery for providing the Secular Connections and Permanent Abstinence forums offering information on how to use personal responsibility in making recovery an event preceded by ambivalence and followed by harmless residual desire.
You realized DD was drinking just a few days ago right?

Also I love Trippey's book but the way this post is written smacks of the same institutionalized language/doublespeak that turns me, and others, off to AA.
First:

I haven’t done any of “Trippey’s” book or its Addictive Voice Recognition Technique here for the last two weeks since daredevil posted “I know all about AVRT. I just don’t follow it.”

I do have knowledge of the last 200 years history of taking the pledge of permanent abstinence. I guess it’s possible to imagine that Rational Recovery has a monopoly on using the pledge (its Big Plan). Well, not so. The name of this forum is NOT just about Rational Recovery.

Second:

If I choose to take daredevil’s statements at face value, I have every right to do so. And I do it with my understanding of how people have recovered for centuries.

Stepping back to view recovery over a period that preceeds the modern era and its assumptions about recovery has nothing to do with institutionalized language and doublespeak. There is none of that in my post.

Third:

I hope that someday someone does a study of how often Jack Trimpey’s name is misspelled. I suspect it is more than just not wanting it to pop up in a name search. It would be a hard study to accomplish, but interesting to see the conclusions.