View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
venuscat

I was too busy yesterday to read properly....sorry.... s

It is ME as well.....I was very big....200 pounds on 5 foot 3 and a half....and I most definitely KNOW that it was a chemical reaction to food rather than any need or want to smoosh down emotions or cope....it STOPPED me from coping.

I struggled for so long....and it was only during a very painful breakup from a 6-yr relationship at 24 that started me on the road I am on now.

I was too upset to eat....and I barely ate for three weeks. When I started again, I found that my tastes and needs had changed. I no longer craved sugar at all....3 weeks had somehow been enough to start re-wiring my body and brain.

I have had times over the years when the addiction took hold again....I don't think there is anyone who can put on weight faster than I can....I guess we all know how it feels to be so full and bloated and miserable and unable to stop....

And here is my confession. Why I started drinking to excess in the first place....it was so I would have permission to eat. Because drunk meant munchies and no off switch....I didn't crave the wine.....I craved the hamburgers and pizza and all things bad I would eat as I drank. I had a one-woman food a thon night after night....

So it is all tied inextricably together....and now that I am sober I can manage it.
Well, that part of it....now I need to sure I eat. One step at a time huh? xx