View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
To those of you who appreciate my presence here: Thank you. While I think I am someone who is fairly easy to live with today that has not always been the case. My wife of almost 30 years has endured a lot of crap from me over the years and even though my behavior has recently improved thanks to AA and this forum, there is still a lot of collateral damage from all of my past bad behaviors. Anyway at least there is progress. A year ago my wife told me that I'm less of an a-hole than I used to be. Actually she's said more positive things about my behavior than that more recently but repeating that comment gets the most laughs at my AA meetings. Progress is slow but the damage was caused over a long period and so improvement won't happen overnight. I am a work in process. I would guess that many of you can relate to this because you joined this forum for the same reason I did. The need to change our behaviors.

Now back to food; the topic of this thread. My breakfast: Black Coffee with some coconut oil. Going downstairs to exercise for 30 minutes. Boring but needed. And it works for my weight control.
I think being less of an A-hole is a great accomplishment lol! I can definitely relate. My a-hole personality comes out when I eat sugar as well- coming off a carb binge makes me into the insane person I was when I was drinking, which is why I'm here. I just don't want to be that person anymore.

Sounds like a lovely morning- going to slip some MCT oil into my tea now to see if it perks me up. Hope you had a great workout