View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
GaryM

Smile

Originally Posted by Katlyne View Post
I'm brand new here and I've never.posted in a forum before so I hope I am doing this right. I don't have much time to write because I'm getting ready for work. I am a 48 year old female who has a drinking problem. I might go 1 week without drinking on occasion but usually I drink at least twice a week. I'm one of those binge drinkers who has never been able to drink 1 or 2. I drink beer and I will drink a 12 pack or more in a short amount of time. This past weekend. I drank all weekend. On Sunday I was so hungover I started drinking more beer as soon as I got up. I was so sick yesterday, I called in at work. I feel terrible about this but I knew I couldn't go to.work in the state I was in. I was sick all day yesterday and did drink more beer to get thru it. I drank 8 over the course of the whole day and then stopped. In the middle of the night I woke up several times covered in sweat. Today I am picking myself up and going to work. I feel so ashamed of my drinking problem and wish I could stay completely sober but usually, after a few days sober I feel good again and think I can drink. In January of 2017 I went to a 30 day rehab and I loved it. I was drinking 2 weeks after I got out. I just need someone who understands to talk to. I'm a single mom with 2 grown kids who live on their own and an 11 year old still at home. I work full time and have alot of stress at times...usually financially related. I could really use some support getting through this. Thank you for listening. On another note, I used to be addicted to meth for 12 years. 6 years ago I got off of meth and changed my life. But now alcohol is a problem. Why can't I just be normal?
Hello Katlyne, I certainly understand the struggle. I have been sober for many years and the desire and cravings are gone but the memory of the pain to detox and then stay sober for the first few years was hard but not impossible. The other day I was helping a friend, his wife got stuck on pain pills and now it is really out of control. She has added drinking to the game and for the last year he has been going through hell. I did some homework for him to see what is new and available in the treatment and recovery arena. I am not a big fan of treatment, they say 93% of people who go to treatment are using again after one year. So not great results. I did find a Doctor in Los Angeles (I actually knew him from years ago) who has this new program. He helps people detox off opiates and alcohol using a medical support program to keep the insanity of detox to a minimun. Then he adds a small implant, about the size of an advil at the base of the belly. He said the entire process takes about 10 minutes. Once he adds this medical implant it stops the cravings for Alcohol and opiates starting in about 3 hours and his success rate is pretty good. He said about 90% of the people respond perfectly and just stop the cravings which stops the addiction and the other 10% either reduce their use dramatically but are still using and a very few it just does not work for them. I think it last to 3 to 6 months or more. He said once he adds that implant then his team start working with the patient to reinforce the reasons to stay sober and clean. Like a treatment program but online and it included some kind of app that offers support and has 12 or 16 courses. He said this way if the cravings return the person is prepared to deal with them and most continue to stay clean and just get on with their life. Some he said require some more medical support and he has another program for that. I know the doctor and he is very respectable the program was call acceleratedtreatmentsystems . com and he is Sion Nobel, M.D. I hope this helps. I know he said he has lots of clients who fly in for 2 days or so, he detoxes them and adds the implant and then they fly back home. I guess since the follow on program is all online the patient can do it from anywhere. I hope this helps I know the cost was under $5000. When I went to treatment 30 years ago it cost $10,000 so not sure how much it cost today but with dr. nobel you do not have to stay at a treatment location for 30 days and can go right back to work without anyone knowing you have or had an issure with alcohol. Pretty cool actually.... good luck. Gary