View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
AAPJ

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
AAPJ- just want to publicly apologize for my comment yesterday, which was spoken out of irritation when I could have just let myself not react. I already knew I was in a bad mood and in these times it is best for me to just sit back and process information rather than feed off of my emotions. I hope to do better next time
Oh Sunflower. No apology is needed. I have not taken ANY offense to any of the comments in this thread at all. I was just trying to put some financial perspective on how cheap most 12 step recovery meetings are. Even if the treasurer of my home group was skimming off the top I wouldn't care. Well actually I would care a little but not a lot. There really isn't enough money to matter in the scheme of things. And since I'm not willing to volunteer for a treasurer spot at a meeting I don't complain or question how things are managed.

I also am fine with any comments you and the other ladies on this thread make about husbands. I mentioned that I go to a men's AA meeting once a week and we discuss women sometimes in ways we would not discuss in mixed company. Why should I expect any different behavior from the ladies here? This is a mostly female written thread. So I would expect a more female perspective at times. I know it's not designed that way but it has so far been mostly females who post on this thread.

I initially jumped into this thread because I think you started on a great topic. I see a lot of old timers at my AA meetings who are very overweight and in some cases diabetic. This thread is great information and perhaps some of them will find it. I also see a lot of my wife's food struggles in your comments. Very helpful for me to get a better understanding of her battle.

I really like hearing from all the regular posters in this thread. My only "complaint" is that I can't keep up with it. So much posting. That tells me how much a thread on this topic of food and diet and compulsive eating was really needed.

I wish everyone who has posted in this thread a wonderful day.