View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 2

Good morning my friends.

Last night was my last of an 8 week spiritual development class. I hung around until almost midnight giving hugs and having some final conversations with friends. It was the first time that others talked to me about their experiences with AA and OA and it was amazing how it kept popping up. 2 people were really surprised that I was able to get sober without AA (I heavily relied on SR for that and still do) and 1 guy has been going to OA since August, another wants to come with me to the meetings as he's too scared to go alone. This particular friend also wants me to sing on his next album which he is going to be writing all about the experiences we had during this class on awakening.

I thought I would leave sad but I left inspired and feeling loved- and excited to see where my path will next lead. This year has been amazing for me- it started with me taking a Reiki class (Level 1) in March and through that class I learned about the Awakening class which I just completed. I am thinking about moving onto the next class which is a 1 year Spiritual Apprenticeship - I haven't decided yet if that is the next step.

I wanted to share with you an experience I had last night in class- we do a lot of "integrative breathwork" which is a breathing technique which brings about healing and transformation, wherever it is needed. Last night we were tuning in to to get a message from the Divine and mine was:

"The choice is yours- you don't have to suffer anymore."

This was mind blowing, life changing and completely healing for me. I finally realized that my constant engagement in these eating behaviors is indeed my choice and that I can make different choices if I truly want to. One of the guides had also made a comment earlier about how we suffer "until we choose not to anymore." My ego likes to convince me that I am powerless over my choices, that the binge eating is going to happen no matter what but it's simply not true. I may be powerless over my brain chemistry and over the fact that I am an alcoholic and food addict but the choice whether or not to binge/eat compulsively is mine. It may sound simple to some of you but it was very eye opening to me because I had forgotten or convinced myself otherwise over the last few months for some reason.

So here I am, day 2. I don't know how I am going to do this other than to take one hour at a time and keep remembering who I am (I am The Light)- what I am (I am Essence) and what I am capable of (I am responsible for my choices and free to choose the life that I want. I can create a life- it's okay for me to be FULLY ALIVE!)

Thanks for listening, thanks for being here. I love each and every one of you- It's OK for all of us to be FULLY ALIVE! It's okay to make the choices your soul is asking for. It's okay not to give in to the urges. It's okay to live a life of self love, peace and grace. WE can do this...