View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Congratulations on Day 6 Peaceful. Thats pretty cool

I have a dream of setting up my dining room as a yoga and exercise room. It already has a huge mirror at one end which makes it look like a gym and some very nice floorboards. At the moment it's covered in the wreckage of my drinking past, but I'm dreaming!

I had to smile at all the anon groups. When I was doing my 90 in 90 I also tried out debtors, food, OA, CA, NA, ACoA, codependents, and SLAA. I'n coming up for 9 months nicotine free too. My sponsor wants me to focus on AA whilst I do the steps which is a fair enough comment. I loved the concept of "emotional anorexia" in SLAA and I loved the adult children literature. That's probably where I felt most at home.

Good Day to you Peaceful!
Good morning sweet Weev- I think that is an AWESOME idea and inspiration from the Divine to make that a special room! Maybe you could just start with clearing out a corner of it for now- a place to sit still and breathe, when those food urges come up. I know for me a lot of my mindless eating is when I am not connected to my body and to source. I find myself just reaching into the cabinet for nuts and the fridge for a string cheese before I have even established the fact that I am or am not hungry.

Are you still going to the gym? If not you could also use that space as a workout room too! So many workouts can be done with just bodyweight. I know you used to love those gym classes last year...It could be a workout/yoga room!

Congrats on the nicotine free! You have made some amazing changes over the last year. I am so, so proud of my dear friend...
Have a beautiful day...