View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
PeacefulWater12

Day 7 begins. I feel good about it.

Food plans for the day are 1500 calories of high protein foods. Protein to bring stability to my body.

My goals are a peaceful mind and peaceful life. I am learning to step back from things I am better off not being involved in. I notice by not acting impulsively but instead sitting with the ideas, they fade away and I did not have to act out on them. If I don't act in the first few seconds of the thought popping up in my head, it is likely I won't act on it at all.

I then have no self induced regret or shame to have to deal with. Or cleaning up a financial or emotional mess I have caused.

Things that are right for me to do just seem to flow. Is completely different feeling.

With toxic people, places and things, I get a nervous fluttery feeling in my tummy which is warning me to step away. Things that are right and healthy feel comfortable and right. They feel sort of "warm" inside my body.

AH has been up all night drinking, when I woke and got my coffee first thing, he appeared to want me to go sit with him. I opted not to do that as from past experience it was have been listening to a list of his complaints. This would have both infuriated and upset me.

Instead just for today, I made the coffee. Poured us both a cup, made a pleasant comment about the weather and removed myself back upstairs. My serenity intact. I also now understand that listening to a drunk person have a pity party is "enabling" so I can see it does neither of us any good. AH pulled faces to express his annoyance that I wouldn't listen to his complaints but I chose to ignore that.

When I drank, there was nothing more I liked than a grand pity party as I chugged down my alcohol. Grateful to have left this behind.