View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CharlieChuchaso

Originally Posted by kellabella83 View Post
I've been taking suboxne for a few years in a program. I go once a month and see a counselor there. I also go to my regular doctor that prescribes me klonopins for anxiety.

The suboxone place I go to was trying to cut down on the amount of patients and subs they were prescribing. So they suggested I ask my other doctor to prescribe me the subs instead. They gave me a script for 2 weeks and told me to come back if my other doctor wouldn't fill them. That was 3 months ago. My other doctor wasn't able to do that. He said he's over the limit of patients he can give subs too.

Then I got really sick and missed my appointment to refill my script at the program. So I never went back. I had a lot of subs leftover and decided I could use them to taper off myself. I took the last of them last week and had some withdrawal symptoms but it wasn't horrible. I'm on week 2 now and I'm having serious cravings. I haven't done any opioids in 8 years and I never want to do them again.

I want to get off the subs for good. But do it the right way by going back to the program so they can help with tapering off.

I'm scared that since I never went back and it's been 3 months they might refuse to help me. There gonna ask me how I went 3 months without any subs. Can I tell them i was getting them somewhere else? I don't wanna tell them I had a bunch of leftovers bc that won't look good to them.

Does anyone have experience with going to these programs? Do you think they'll help me even though it's been 3 months and I never went back? I feel like that might be an issue.

Thanks for any advice you can give
We are addicts! They expect you to get your drugs off the street! But they dont expect you to misuse their program...and yes, i have lots of experience here..

Itd always be better to say you got them off the street in this situation.