Thread: 365 days for JJ
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

365 days for JJ

Hello my dear and wonderful SR family! I just wanted to send a quick update. JJ has one year clean and sober as of 6/13. He has been working in the recovery field since November of last year when he "graduated" from the Freedom Ranch (3rd timer!). He has been working for a rehab as a "behavioral health technician", which basically means an adult role model/assistant.

His job is to drive his newly sober patients to meetings, work out, go to the beach and more stuff like that. He just informed me he got a promotion to Lead Behavioral tech and will be getting another raise in 2 more months.

For those of you who know our back story, my oh my what a difference this is from my "normal" stories! I encourage all of you who are living through addiction, that there is HOPE. My son has been to double digit rehabs, lived anywhere he could (even homeless for a time), has been in jail 3 times, and has missed out on so many things in life. BUT, when he chose to change, that is when things started to change. I am so very proud and blessed to watch him rise from the ashes, and his relationships with his family and friends are as they should be. Equal and harmonious. Thank you all for the love and support to each other, I couldn't have made it through a few of my past years without you all.
Hugs,
TT