View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Morning, weekenders.

Thank you for the words of support.

I don't think though that it's a funk, more like a lingering life crisis which I cant' postpone dealing with any longer.

I can't deny any more that I feel miserable most of the time.

Change is a natural thing, and it's definitely time for a change for me.

Different stages of life require different actions.

There are times for tiny gradual steps ahead, there are times for u-turn changes.

Vinny - Honestly I am not doing good at all. I feel as lost as it gets.

Dee - Thank you for asking. And I honestly don't know...

My note to all the weekenders and SR newcomers: what I am dealing with right now is called LIFE.

It is unpredictable, doesn't follow a cookie-cutter happiness formula, doesn't guarantee a certain outcome and is more weird and strange as any possible fiction.

As far as I am sober I am experiencing it, make a choice, ride a roller coaster of emotions and accept my part of this crazy dance with life. When I make another step through fear I get to know a new unknown part of myself.

Sober doesn't necessarily mean Tony Robbins-style all-around positivity or seeing a "grace of god" in everything.

Sober means acknowledging both darkness and light and understanding neither of this is "right" or "wrong".

Above all, it means that I still own my life, no matter how imperfect.
Hugs to you, MB.

Life can throw punches - some mighty big ones, at times. Not fully understanding where we are headed is a big punch in my estimation.

Make those life change decisions with true consideration; they will likely be the right ones.

Lean on your SR friends. I have found them to be very wise, indeed.