View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
At my AA home group we have a treasurer who reports our finances quarterly. I think the church room rent is the biggest expense. We usually have excess funds and we donate them to the regional AA group who uses them for whatever. I think the regional group uses the money to support other groups in the poor parts of town. To be honest I don't pay that much attention to the details.

Here's how I look at it. I go to an AA meeting and spend about an hour there. The cost to me is a one or two dollar donation. I mean a one hour visit to the therapist is $75 per hour or more. Right? An AA meeting is great value that I can't come close to matching anywhere else except other 12 step groups. These groups are run/managed by volunteers. To me asking questions about the money is simply not needed. I am (selfishly) focused on trying to recover and the value is there.
I was not judging it. I was curious because I don’t recall it from when I last went over ten years ago. Plus I am new. I’ve been to two meetings. I am sure I am not the only newbie with questions about donation money. Sorry my question offended you.