View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by topspin View Post

Congrats on your four weeks Prof D !!

I'm with you and Venus on weighing ourselves . It seems a wildly inaccurate way to even evaluate overall health or fitness .

...muscle weighing more than fat and all ,... anyway ,... the way clothes are fitting next season seems more. than enough detail .

( for me ,, anyway )

It's exciting so many here are giving up ( so called ) * food * with the added sugar !!

Forgive my snarky comment ,..it's kind of how I feel about some stuff marketed to us as *food*

( climbing off soapbox )
I agree it's not food. What a shame it's all over the place, surrounding us and creeping it's way into our homes and our children's lives. You know I didn't give my first born sugar until he was 3 or 4. The cupcakes I made him on his 2nd birthday were gluten free vegan and made with avocados plus the icing was avocado and coconut milk! I spend hours on them, the other kids thought they were gross and then somewhere along the line after I had my second, everything went out the window. The homemade crackers I used to make became replaced with store bought ones. He got his first lollipop after a haircut. I gave up my passion about making things from scratch- life got busier and I was suffering from post partem depression. Still, I wish I had stuck with it. My youngest is a carb craver at the age of 3.5. He cries for pancakes every morning and we are trying to help him adapt his pallette for non-sweets at this point. It's awful. I feel guilty. I hope I can make these changes now before it's too late.