View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Katzen

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I am doing everything I can to support sobriety. It's a tough road. My sponsor dumped me for reasons she hasn't disclosed.
Did she actually “dump you” or could she perhaps have something personal going on in her life that she can’t take the responsibility of being a sponsor so you should get a new sponsor?

I had an OB/GYN that one day received a phone call from her office saying she was cancelling all her appointments and taking leave for an unknown amount of time, I asked why but receptionist said she didn’t know why or if/when she’d return to her practice at that hospital.

WTH? Was she going to another hospital, that’s what it sounded like.... that was my first assumption. I felt betrayed because she said nothing about leaving when I saw her a few days prior, and I was going there at least once a month trying to get my endo and anemia under control and perhaps have a hysterectomy. I trusted her because she was the first OB/GYN I had in over 30 years that cared to take tests and diagnose my heavy painful periods as endometriosis instead of some jerk doctors (male and female) that dismissed it as something all women go through, take some OTC painkillers.

I didn’t make an appointment with another doctor, drank more for maybe a couple weeks or a month... Then decided to Goggle her name to see if she went to another hospital. She had a uncommon name so was easy to find her medical school history, other places she practiced...

... and an obituary saying her 6 year old daughter had died (it didn’t say how she died, just “suddenly”). How hard it must have been losing her only child, an OB/GYN who sees pregnant women everyday would have an even more difficult time recovering and returning to work. I then understood why she left and shame on me for jumping to any wrong conclusions.

Sweetichick, please don’t take it personally unless you know the facts... and keep posting and reading these forums, you’ll find lots of love and respect here.