View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
I'm sorry to read about the struggles everyone is facing today. So much that I relate to in these stories, even if we have slightly different stressors and patterns of isolation and anger. I'm very grateful for this thread.

I was able to have a good day so far, and I feel calm heading into dinner. I intend to avoid carbs and stick to my calories. Hopefully I will not make a last minute decision to scarf bread. I did two fitness videos on a break from research--a cardio kickboxing and an abs/butt one. It's important for me to keep exercise in a fun rather than stressful place. I can get really obsessive about it. I enjoyed the videos, but I probably looked very foolish. Kickboxing seems great because it's easy to keep moving even when you are flailing about with the punches/moves. I'll try to do that one more often.

Tomorrow I am 4 weeks sober. As I mentioned, I do not weigh myself. But I did find myself trying on clothes and trying to guess if I have lost any inches. I can spend hours doing that, so I need to nip that obsessive behavior in the bud. I need to focus on the journey and enjoying the moment and the body that I have right now--not pinning all my happiness on some imaginary future self that never quite arrives.
Here's an early CONGRATULATIONS on 4 weeks sober

I am glad you are having a productive and calm day- I adore kickboxing and still have my Taebo VHS tapes from when they first came out in the last 90s. I was actually still doing them up until we moved into this house and now I don't have much of a gym set up (I did in our previous 2 homes.) I do kick the bag sometimes at the gym- such a great stress reliever!

I can understand the obsession with trying on old clothes and it's great that you have the ability to be self aware, trying to stop the behavior before it gets out of hand. I would say that is an achievement in itself. I am also trying to learn how to be more present and less focused on the non-existent future and the body goals I cling on to tightly. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy the journey...