View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
ProfessorD

I'm sorry to read about the struggles everyone is facing today. So much that I relate to in these stories, even if we have slightly different stressors and patterns of isolation and anger. I'm very grateful for this thread.

I was able to have a good day so far, and I feel calm heading into dinner. I intend to avoid carbs and stick to my calories. Hopefully I will not make a last minute decision to scarf bread. I did two fitness videos on a break from research--a cardio kickboxing and an abs/butt one. It's important for me to keep exercise in a fun rather than stressful place. I can get really obsessive about it. I enjoyed the videos, but I probably looked very foolish. Kickboxing seems great because it's easy to keep moving even when you are flailing about with the punches/moves. I'll try to do that one more often.

Tomorrow I am 4 weeks sober. As I mentioned, I do not weigh myself. But I did find myself trying on clothes and trying to guess if I have lost any inches. I can spend hours doing that, so I need to nip that obsessive behavior in the bud. I need to focus on the journey and enjoying the moment and the body that I have right now--not pinning all my happiness on some imaginary future self that never quite arrives.