View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I didn't do a lot of binge eating...but when I did, donuts were my poison of choice. I literally could not stop. I was familiar with that lack of control concerning vodka, but it kinda freaked me out when I kept stuffing another Little Debbie mini glazed in my mouth long after I was sickeningly full...they aren't even that good! That entire line of "snack cakes" is just revolting, and priced low for easy mass consumption. Just so wrong.

I'm still dabbling in eating plans, watching way too many YouTube videos, trying different ideas on for size. Last week I was doctoring up my usual cup of coffee (cream, pure stevia) when I looked down and thought, "Hmm...I like butter. How bad can it be?" Well, I'll be damned: there's butter in my coffee, and I like it! I was appalled when I first heard about it, thought those crazy keto people were nuts...but I get it; I can put off eating for several hours without any carbs.

I'm sold on the concept of intermittent fasting. Very much in beginner mode (no food between 8pm and 8am) but it feels right; I knew that eating before bed was a major culprit in stalling my weight loss, and this addresses that issue very nicely. I forced myself to eat earlier in the evening, and saved some chores and errands to stay busier after my food deadline. I find this is a schedule I can live with. A few more days and it should become well ingrained in my "normal" life (a term I use very loosely...)

Thanks for listening to my food diary! As I mentioned, most people I know IRL are tired of hearing me ramble on about what I eat, how I eat, when I eat...zzzzz, shut up already!
Haha, it never gets old hearing it Arp. I am glad you like bulletproof coffee and that you are trying out IF- let us know how it goes for you! You sound really good, really positive - it's great to hear...