View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
topspin

This thread is helpin' Sunny !

It's hard not to know of Dee's suggestions of *plans * here on SR ,..
..and earlier today it occurred to me I should have one for tonight .

I work a late shift by myself at an ocean resort in S.C and the activities director brings a tray to the front office here of whatever Krispe Kreme , and various pastries that don't get eaten at our weekly welcome coffee every Sunday morning .

For years ,..it was never a problem ( because I'd drawn a *no moderation* policy in my mind in those days ) Until one fateful night ,... I thought one or two won't hurt . Four or five later ,...nothin' bad happened ?

Talk about lettin' the Jeannie out the bottle !? I think the 14 I took home didn't see high noon the next day ?

Everything kinda' went downhill from there . And that's gotta be better than a year ago .

I'm done !

Gotta get back to keepin' it simple ,... my life's wa.aaay to complicated anyway .

Oh ,...about Dee's *plan* talk ,..... this evening ,.... instead of letting those sugary golden fried critters stare me down all night I took that tray ( like I used to do every single week ) around our two pools and offer them to the parents of the kids having the time of their life in the water .

Thanks Dee .

.. and thank you Sunny ,..for this thread !