Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
katman13

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
It doesn’t seem like the effects of kindling diminish after even protracted abstinence , and not experiment I’d sign up for , yeah?

Welcome aboard , lots of happy common teetotalers around these parts , even if we came to it later in life , and I’ll assure you phormer drunks , aka born again nondrinkers, teetotalers regret only the time it took to get to where you are now.
So congratulations on your early decision , I sincerely wish I’d have the presence of mind and intestinal fortitude to have given up drinking earlier in my ‘career’, so again congratulations .
I also don’t think it will be too long until you realize how small , very small, drinking to excess as a cultural feature really is. The world is much larger and filled with life and living that has practically nothing to with alcohol involvement.

I found the ideas from RR/AVRT to really resonate with me and quitting. There are great threads on these ideas here on SR , check out the Secular Connections forum and the other sub forums in that area of the boards.

Wish you well and hope to see you around
Thank you for your reply! Right now it is very hard to imagine drinking being "small" in this world but that is because I'm young and have been exposing myself to it so often for the last 5-6 years. All I have seen about kindling is that it doesn't ever get better so I really want to minimize its effects now.