View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
argillaceous

ProfD, you are an inspiration. I adopted your tactic of averaging. In the 15 months since I joined SR, a little over a half were sober, which pleasantly surprised me. The median came out to be 14-16 as well, another surprise.

I also embraced a strict no carb diet to get into ketosis and burn some of the "love handles" that I personally don't feel the love for. If I gain momentum on an "all in" (no alcohol, no carbs) approach I find it helps me stay the course. And the protein helps stabilize my mood. Given my pain, exercise is currently not an option.

Similarly, I also try to hold onto the idea that just because I feel one way now doesn't mean I will feel that way later. I wake with a lot of anxiety, dread, and jaw pain and I have to remind myself that if I take my meds, in awhile the pain will be less, and if I get up, my perspective will shift.

The pain does lessen after awhile, but with no current job, getting out of bed is like trying to escape the event horizon of a black hole. Every day. If my doggie dog didn't start being restless I'd probably never get up (or out as she gets me outside most days to walk her).

25 days is grand. 13 for me. Look back over your shoulder on the road we're traveling, I'm waving...