View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
Sunflower,
Im sorry you had some trouble. I get the trips to the cabinet- oh too well. I too, am having trouble going more than a couple days- and in today's case- just one day because I ate a hunk of my sons birthday cake today which makes me want to just go all out and eat more, and more. Cant really throw away his birthday cake on his birthday so I covered it and shoved it to the back of the counter.
Concerning recovery (any kind of recovery really) today is all we have. I tend to beat myself up when I dont do things just right. Im trying to change that. Right now, I can do it different from this moment forward and thats my goal for the rest of the day.
See, you did something positive by getting on your bike.Good for you! I think we need to remember victory moments more. At least I do.
Its funny you mention leptin. My endo talked to me about this last visit but I really dont understand it. Thank you for sending a link. Thats really nice of you. Like weve talked about- all the information can be so overwhelming. Nice when someone can share something they think it useful- I like concise information. Also, thanks for the app idea.
With Hashi, people say to go wheat free, but so many alternatives have corn in them. At least thats what I have experienced. I have a slight corn allergy which manifests into headaches, and more.

I hope today has been better- btw, your fireplace area looks great. I really like the color. Im working on that area in my house too tomorrow. Going to prep some tonight. Stay busy.

I love the reminder to be present and focus on this moment and today. Good for you for moving on with your day and not letting the birthday cake ruin your day. And happy Birthday to your son- how old is he?Those small victories are really important.

Here is one of my favorite doctors who explains things reasonably well, and a talk on Leptin:

https://youtu.be/o-K9xpu1pzo

Good luck with your prep and painting tomorrow and thanks for the compliment! I can't wait to share the room with you guys when it's all done and decorated.

As for going gluten free, the easiest way is to not replace gluten items with gluten free ones because you're right, they tend to have other allergens in them (and sugar.) There are lots of paleo recipes you could try that might help replace things like bread items or crackers.

Have a great night!