Old 06-07-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Wholesome

This is reminding me of the original denial part of AVRT where the inherent wrongness of drinking is denied. Maybe other people can drink without it being wrong, but the fact that you are here on SR and attending meetings IRL tells me that drinking is wrong for you.

The rest of this keeping the door open for some future incident that for some reason would necessitate drinking is 100% AV, it's your Beasts desperate death throes because IT knows you are getting ready to go in for the kill. There is no bad situation that drinking won't make worse.

I'll tell you a personal story. My sister and her husband were both drugs addicts and they quit together many years ago. A few years ago my sister had a home birth that went terribly wrong and her baby died. I can't think of a worse tragedy, it just broke everyone's heart. Her husband's AV used that as the perfect opportunity to go back to drug use. My sister did not. Her pain was undoubtedly the worst, it was her child that she had carried inside her body for 9 months.... she had to go home with empty arms. Yet she decided that the worst way to honor her son was to go back to being a loser addict and deny herself her grief. They are divorced now because he never came back from that return to use and just continued landsliding. She is doing well and although the grief will stay with her forever she has been able to still succeed in her life, because she is abstinent. The AV will always use lifes tribulations as an excuse, that's what it does, but we don't have to listen to it.