View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
I' m glad this has been helpful for you John. Isn't it great to have others put into words some their own challenges instead just pat answers?

So right now in my life I am challenged with feeling like time is getting away from me somehow...and the hubs is feeling it too....we're the same age...and yesterday we talked about what we can do to simplify our lives more.

We've got an old old cat, a stray, that recently adopted us...we feed him.....he gets around pretty slow these days....but his life is simple and his basic needs are met...but he is at the mercy of the elements and whoever will feed him...but last night as I was petting him I realized....he actually seems content....
I know what you mean about simplifying your life. I retired many years ago, sold my house and moved back to the beaches. Now I live in an apartment, so if something breaks, management will take care of it at no cost to me. Kinda miss having my own house sometimes, but I don't miss the upkeep, costs and amount of time you gotta put into it. Considering maybe buying a mobile home in a nice community (adults only), or a condo. Money is a little tight, but I still work part time so I do fine. My life is pretty stress-free except for stuff I create. Worth living on a budget. I also have that feeling life is passing me by, but that is something I can do something about. Gotta get busy.
Amazing what we can learn from animals. I think they have a better idea on what it takes to have a happy life. Good luck. John