View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fish101010

Unhappy unraveling the truth

first post in this forum. im a male university student in the uk age 20, for a large portion of my life I have suffered with mental health issues and was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety, particularly SA. it was never really clear what the cause of this was and I am usually quite detached from my feeling because of this. coming back from university to home where my family live I find myself very unhappy, my room is almost open plan to my fathers office from which he works. he has always had a bad temper which I would experience and a very evident alcohol problem, which sometimes only I am aware of due to our proximity. recently I have become more aware of a constant sniffling, especially in the mornings (before 12 am) and regularly leaves the office to go down stairs very briefly. I know he has had a past with drugs in his youth, and even recreationally in later life. although im from a middle class family, he is unable to hold a job down. he sleeps early in the afternoon, and then is early to bed in the evening again. I recently had to lend him a large 4 figure sum (a lot for a student). I dont know what to do... we dont have a good relationship and cant talk to each other at all. how do I investigate