View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Liebe

Thank you for the nice welcome. I appreciate your response.
Yes, I do tend to go carb too much.
Im frustrated with my cooking skills. I try new recipes and they never turn out well and my husband gets discouraged. He works a very physical job so he comes home and wants certain foods.
I want to increase protein- but I also have an iron disorder so I have to be careful with meat and certain food combos . Its not anemia- its the opposite- my body absorbs too much iron from my foods so I have to be careful. I dont like many of the other protein sources ( and I also have an egg allergy so thats not a good option). Just laying it all out. Maybe people on here have cookbooks they can recommend? Low card cookbooks? So many are hit and miss. I would still like tasty/satisfying food. I feel like Ive given up so many other things. I dont know if food types is the answer, portion control- a combo of both. Am I working out too much?
I exercise 5 days a week- 2 cardio days ( 20 min per session) and 3 interval training days with weights( 20-25 min per session) . I also have a very energetic dog who needs a daily walk aside from the exercise I mentioned- and thats about 20-25 min per walk. I have hypothryroid, and my levels are fine now- but since increasing my exercise ( doc suggestion)- Im finding its just not coming off. If anything I have gained- and its not muscle- it goes right to my mid section.
Im upset because I dont want to trade one addiction for another. I did that for many years with substance abuse. I am working a 12 step program- I just cant curb this food thing. It really grabbed me. Like I mentioned above, I gave up so much . I never thought it would be with food too.