Thread: Sugar cravings
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

thank you for all the sharing of tips....

I'm going to work on sugar TODAY.

My focus is on refined sugar. Though difficult to avoid, I think if I take some of these tips and use fruits and natural sugars as my ally, I should be able to take a big step in the right direction by eliminating most or all highly-processed sugars.

It's been a bane to me for many years.... coming and going in intensity.... sugar is definitely negatively impacting my health.

Caffeine - while I see there are health benefits.... I also am realistic about the fact that I consume way, way too much of it. I note the increase in my blood pressure, I note the increase in my heart rate, I note that sometimes I get the jitters, the sweats, have a harder time exercising.

It's been several years since I've managed to go even 12 hours without caffeine. Caffeine has a half-life of 12 hours.... so that means I've been incrementally adding that drug to my body for years..... it changes our brain structures and pathways. It is NOT 'good for you' in the holistic sense. It contributes to anxiety, to sleep issues, probably to headaches. It's become a negative surrogate for healthier pursuits (go running in the morning, or straight to the coffee pot....).

So my addiction recovery remains a journey. I've freed myself of drugs and alcohol - but I have yet to free myself or hold a moderate, healthy relationship with the drugs sugar and caffeine....

Today, let me be in healthy balance with sugar, using only natural sugars - and those in moderate volume.....

Thanks again all.