View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by fini View Post
is it useful to widen the question to: Does avrt have anything to offer a long-sober person?
If so, what?
Absolutely, yes!
Thanks fini for so boldly intuiting what happens to so many people in the Recovery Group Movement (RGM). After almost 15 years abstinent AVRT was the ONLY thing that changed my life for a VAST improvement.

I entered the RGM (at my lawyers suggestion) to receive favorable treatment from the government regarding my driving privileges. (Fortunately, I never hurt anyone DUI). And I got very stuck there in the RGM.

It took AVRT to finally help me overcome my 15 year Stockholm Syndrome of trying to make my life fit within the confines of the RGM. I am SOOOooo grateful for Jack Trimpey’s boldness at making the move away from REBT to AVRT. He deserves to feel a LOT of warmth in his heart by knowing how he has helped SO many in a way that no one else dared do.

So, when someone blurts out ”Other than the fact that the "one-day-at-a-time recovery Way of Life thinking" worked”, many people (most of whom are naturally not here on SR to read it because they have moved on in their lives) KNOW such an assumption is very often NOT TRUE at all: that very often a phormer drunk establishes permanent abstinence IN SPITE of wallowing in a one-day-at-a-time recovery that is grossly distorting their personal and family life.

Like many thousands upon thousands of others, I exited the RGM and never looked back. The RGM made me feel my permanent abstinence was very tenuous. Not so any more. I now spend only seconds per year on seriously wondering about having more to drink/drug.