Old 05-30-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Atlantis

I don't think you are rude at all. I agree with you. I'm here to get insights and perspectives from people. Since I have been living this nightmare for years, I'm starting to normalize it even if it is unacceptable. The thing that hurts me the most is the cheating. But I should have seen it written on the wall. I feel like crap that I allowed him to do this to me. I know that.

I know that what he did even before the cheating is not acceptable, but I stuck around.
I need to have the courage to walk away, in the meantime, I just can't just leave without a plan. I need to slowly detach from him, and financially, emotionally, mentally prepare.

I will keep you guys posted, and thank you for sharing your perspectives. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Hi, Atlantis. I think the feedback you get in this forum will be about the same as what you got on your other threads. We can't tell you what to do; you have to figure that out for yourself.

This guy has a lot of issues in addition to the cheating, yet that seems to be the thing that bothers you the most. It certainly should bother you, and in my opinion, it is a deal-breaker. You say he has never cheated before, with any woman, but you really don't know that, do you? Just because he tells you that doesn't mean it's true. He has lied to you before.

He is an addict and just up and leaves if you ever confront him about it. He treats you horribly, leaving you to beg friends for money to pay bills. I'm sure the reason they are so hesitant to help you is because they know how your husband is and that you continually take him back. They can see the probability that this will continue to happen.

I don't mean to sound rude, although I'm sure you probably think I am. I am just hoping you will see that the situation you find yourself in is partly your own doing. As has been said before...You deserve better, but more importantly, your children deserve better.