Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I don't think i will ever forgive him to be honest. I may be able to avoid talking to him or fighting with him about it, but deep down, I'm very disappointed that the man i thought was honest and faithful, did all these things to me.
Like has been said previously. Forgiving someone for treating you badly doesn't necessarily have to mean letting them back in to do the same again if we don't feel we can trust them. Forgiveness and letting go of resentments frees us up to live a happier and more serene life. I've worked on resentments for some horribly abusive behaviour towards me from my past, but that doesn't mean those people get to be on my Christmas card list, even though the resentment has gone.

He has shown you who he is and what he's capable of. Unless he commits to changing and can convince you that this is an honest attempt and you really WANT to give him another chance then there is no reason why you should do so. When people show us who they really are, sometimes it's wise to believe them.

BB