View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mushroom

I rehung the gate all by myself. The gate I would not let AxH hang for me 'cause he was falling down drunk when he came over to do it. The gate a coworker said he'd come over and help me with, but then didn't show yesterday 'cause it was too sunny and didn't show today 'cause it was raining. No more waiting for men who are unreliable. Then I went over to AxH's house to get some stuff and found him drunk/sound asleep at the wheel of his car sitting in the driveway. When he drove off to the neighborhood store 'for a cigarette lighter' I thought seriously about calling the State Patrol (he had an open can of malt liquor in the cup holder, and a state-mandated ignition lock he's obviously learned to bypass) but decided with only 2 miles between here and the store they'd never catch him. So I called his dad, who lives in the same neighborhood, and he went tearing off to the store and brought him home again and read him the riot act. We found a freshly purchased can of malt liquor stuffed under the driver's seat. I told him, next time I call the State Patrol. What a fun day, huh? but at least the gate's working. And I got my stuff I went for. Garden hoses, mail and fish oil capsules he bought for my dogs. I would have liked a day of nothing but having just moved into my own place and started working full time I've got too much to do on weekends. Yesterday, at least, I took the dogs for a picnic in the mountains.