Thread: Starting over
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SagCitrine

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hi SagC, i'm sorry you are feeling down. It will take some time to get over this relationship but you are strong and can do it.

Sounds like you are kind of glossing over some of the facts of your relationship? That's not helpful to you and in fact hurts you. That's why it's a good idea to make a list of all the hurtful things he said and did so you can refer to it.

You are absolutely spot on here.

That is him. He is a alcoholic and that is him. He is not two people. Did the alcohol loosen his tongue so he might say any crappy thing that popped in to his head? Perhaps. The stuff was in his head though, he said them, may have said them just to be cruel, he sounds cruel.

So if you read these quotes, that you posted in your other thread:

Then ask yourself, is this the person you want for your partner for the rest of your life and is this the person you want to have for a Father to your children? What's your answer?
No this is not the kind of partner I wish to have and I would be horrified if he was the father of my children because he has such a bad side.

I have to be honest that I called him last night and spoke to him for the first time since we ended things last weekend.

I know that was not smart but I let my emotions control me and I was over tired from being in the car for 4 hours.

He was depressed sounding and a part of me ached for him but I told him we could never be together. He told me he is probably going to move back with his parents most likely which is a couple states away from me. I told him that might be a good idea. I told him if he ever decided he wants to be sober because he wants that for himself then I will take him to a meeting (he does not have a car of course) before he moves away. I doubt he ever will... he has never been to a meeting and he is 31 y/o. I know, I know that saying that was wrong but I am a giver and I would not ever be romantically involved with him again.