View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
I have never allowed people in AA to treat me that under the guise of being "helpful."
Exactly. Some sponsors need to quit playing God.

Rude behavior is rude behavior.
It certainly is, and it's sad that there's no self awareness there from people who claim to do a daily and nightly step 10/11.

As far as depression being a spiritual or metal health issue: I've been unhappy, upset, angry but I don't suffer from depression.

Thanks Ken. This is actually very helpful. So this is how you would differentiate "the bedevilments" from page 52 of the big book, with depression?

I don't wake up feeling down for no reason.
Another excellent point. And you wouldn't tell a sponsee it was his fault if he woke up feeling down for no reason, that he was "in ego, fear, drama, not trusting and relying on God......"

When people in AA tell me they suffer from depression, anxiety or whatever and a doctor has prescribed medication I say good for them.I hope it works.
THIS!

I'm not a medical doctor, therapist , marriage councilor or financial adviser. And most in AA aren't either.
THIS TOO!

Unfortunately that doesn't stop some from offering advice on matters they know little whether its solicited or not.
Absolutely. There needs to be much more of an understanding from both sponsors and sponsees on each one's roles.

Thanks for your input, Ken.