SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Feeling agitated with mother after after 2 days clean
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
rjyerkes

Same sex parental relationships are among the most complicated. I took my mom to dinner tonight for a belated Mother's day celebration and half way through I was ready to stop on the way home for a bottle. Home for a cpl hours and still arguing with my AV, so I get where you're coming from....so thankful, yet so triggered.

Could you create a sanctuary in your own room to stay in as much as possible for a few weeks? Put a coffee maker in there. Maybe a tiny fridge for healthy snacks or juice? Plants, books, a beta fish? I'm just spit-balling here but if you make a beautiful space to comfort and calm yourself perhaps you can feel more in control over your environment/sobriety?

Maybe tell mom that you don't want to be mean with her so when you're in there, just know you need space? Please don't come knocking unless it's an emergency? Or put up a "Do Not Disturb" sign? Whatever it takes man lol
rjyerkes is offline   Reply With Quote