SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Feeling agitated with mother after after 2 days clean
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dee74
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistory5 View Post
True and that's why i pray she just backs off for a little bit because I know its not nobody's fault but my own, but my agitation his hard to control;especially with her. Once my mind and body settles in about 2 weeks things usually become better between us, but don't stay that way because i usually go on a binge. She gets upset, starts fussing with me about drinking while im drinking and i go ballistic under the influence. This process goes on and on. I explained to her the worst time to talk to me about my drinking is when im drinking...can end being dangerous. I scare myself the next day with thinking about the parts of my drunk tirades, at least the parts i can remember.
I think the fussing is fear - sounds like she's really worried for you, mistory.

you can't change someone elses behavior - but you can definitely change your behaviour, and the way you respond to hers.

Get busy

D