View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Barnabas

Originally Posted by Hats View Post
Barnabas, I agree with Dee.
The Miscarriage idea is a pretty serious excuse and may come back to haunt you down the road and cause you some more problems. Plus, it's complete farce and deep down you know it's not true, which may cause you some guilt and shame, which you dont need any more of.

You could say, you were dealing with some major personally issues (that you'd rather not share as it's embarrassing) and that your taking steps to deal with them. That might work.
Or you can just go full on honest about your struggles and see what happens. Some employers are very understanding, some aren't so much.

I wish you all the best
I did this before Christmas. We went out for our Christmas dinner and I didn't bother trying to moderate (if I bother I'll drink water in between etc). Some weird stuff happened with my bank card (I still don't understand this to this day but I went to pay with my card and my card was snapped, a piece missing off if.....but yet I had got a round earlier on it)

I was freaked cause I had no access to cash and I don't like not having cash. I had to lower myself to ask the work collegues to chip in so I could continue the night and then get home. Some girls said yeah no problem and when they asked how much I was like 250 should do it.........one of them got snotty asking me what was it for. I was like what does that matter I have the cash in my account i just can't access it...........

she said to me no barna I'm not giving you that money it's too much.....
so I told her she had a poor person's mentality (i didn't mean it as an insult just a statement....she was thinking like a poor person.)

Anyway, she stormed off crying (wtf?) and I mingled through town.......really odd.. i looked in my wallet and the card was there.....the broken card? still to this day....I don't know.

So I withdrew a few hundred so I could go to the ghetto and hit some charlie hard. Really reckless, I went to probably the worst place in the city. I had a bag and put a huge rock on the bottle (too big a rock) and I hit it.....

Now, everytime I get cravings I think of that night. Really I was trying to sleep on Monday night and thoughts of that hit rushed into my head.....

So I missed the next day in work...

What did I do? I decided that I should stop drinking (and drugs) and that I should come clean and apologise. I sent texts to people I may have offended and apologized and said I drank too much and that drink changes me....

I then wanted to speak to my manager and tell the truth (i was having blackouts from drinking)

The result? Fired just before Christmas.