View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
timm84

Unhappy 51 days sober and worried

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I don't want to post a whole personal history or anything so I will try to keep it short and sweet. I started drinking in college - around 21, it was just on the weekends. It slowly progressed into an every day thing. I'm now 33 years old and have just stopped drinking.

It's been 51 days and I would be very much surprised if I ever had another drop because I've been so scared straight by what's happening in my body right now.

Thanks to an ultrasound I am diagnosed with fatty liver and had a fibroscan that said I have the first stage of fibrosis - 7.6 on the scale. My doctor told me it will be fine and it's reversible as long as I continue not drinking.

However, I am dealing with the following symptoms:

- Continuous dull pain/discomfort on my right side under the rib cage.
- Frequent urination (every 30 mins + several times a night)
- Occasional groin pain, especially in the right testicle
- Some itching in sole of foot and palm of hand with no rash
- Muscle twitching - mostly at night when trying to sleep
- Bubbling/gurgling sensation on right side near liver

I also was getting a bad taste in my mouth like bile sometimes but that has gone away now. My blood pressure also spiked for a couple weeks but that's also back to normal.

I've been in to emergency rooms or immediate care places a dozen times and had every test done short of a biopsy. My liver function tests and blood tests always come back normal.

My doctor says I will be fine and it is at a stage that is reversible as long as I keep not drinking. I am not overly confident with her, though.

I have read about some crazy stuff happening when your body is getting used to not having alcohol but I get terrified some nights thinking I'm dying and they can't find what's really going on.

Are these symptoms normal after 7 weeks of not drinking? Will they go away eventually?