View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Yixi

Morning Ticktock - thank you for coming to SR. It's wonderful that you made it here

I'm afraid that your husband is very much an alcoholic - we know it, but more importantly, so does he. The fact that he's acknowledging it and has you to support him with his recovery is fantastic - just please don't forget about your needs too in the process. As an alcoholic I was a selfish, insensitive a**hole and I'm forever grateful that my partner stayed around but if I could take back the early years and spare him the agony, I would.

With regards to your friends, and this is just my opinion, quite often people around alcoholics tell them that they don't have a problem. Because if they admit that a person does drink too much then it forces them to evaluate their own relationship with alcohol. I have more than a few people in my life who think that they're fine because they only drink 2 bottles of wine a night and could "stop anytime". We all make our own choices.

I really hope that your husband means it this time and that you both have the help and support necessary to facilitate your wellness. Thanks for coming to SR - you'll find lots of lovely people here who will support you whenever you need it. Take care. Love Yix x