View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
want2boverit99
Farmer's daughter

Hi ParalysisofWill,
Was wondering about you! I posted on your other thread. I know what you mean about the diarrhea!! I have IBS and mild "dumping syndrome." My dad has severe "dumping syndrome" after stomach surgery back in the late 70's when they didn't know what exactly ulcers were. He can't drink anything at all when he eats and he sh*ts all day all the time... sorry to be so graphic, but it is so true. There are two Rx's I take, one is Bentyl and really helps with the IBS and the other is Lomotil, which will stop diarrhea up right away for me... my dad also take Lomotil and you can take it as needed if you start to feel better and the diarrhea becomes less frequent (crossing my fingers). Also, I have been doing Weight Watchers and have noticed such a difference in my bowel movements... there really is a lot to be said about how you eat.
Maybe you can ask your doc about these Rx's. If you go read about Lomotil, don't freak out because it says it's derived from a narcotic. It is not addictive and has a long track record and does not give you any euphoric feeling... I could care less if I had to take it!
Keep us posted
Shelly