View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Sometimes I wonder how I had the energy for all the partying and socializing I used to do, I'm way more chillax since I quit. It's ironic but my attendance at work and my housekeeping used to be better when I drank haha. It was part of my rationalization and mania and rituals that everything had to be done before I'd let myself start drinking, and I always went to work no matter how sick I'd made myself. These days if I'm tired I leave the house work for tomorrow and if I even have a headache I call in sick. Some of the hangovers I would go in to work with, I'm surprised I got away with it.

I used to hang out with a some people who I didn't even like very much, I certainly didn't respect some of them, but although I would and did drink alone, I also liked company, and the only requirement seemed to be whether they could keep up with my drinking. I have been choosing my friends based on how my beast felt about them since I was teenager and my beast was born. Birds of a feather, flock together lol. These days any new friendships I make will be based on different criteria and heavy drinking will be a major turnoff.

I'm so glad I don't live that way anymore. My AV had such power over me, my whole life was organized around keeping the party going, it was nuts. So many of my decisions were guided by my AV and I didn't even know it. Not anymore though!