View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

It's Day 3 for me today and whilst I really don't want a drink as such my mind is racing and it's very very uncomfortable. The easiest thing to do would be just to have a glass of vino just to take the edge off it. It's not the alcohol I want more just want the feeling to stop. I can feel that little voice in the back of my head saying "one won't hurt, you won't have failed if you just have one and leave it at that". But I know it won't just be one. The AV is strong and very convincing. It was lurking around on the sidelines the last 2 days but now it want's back in the game!

Day 3 is reality check day for me, it's more scary as Day 1 you are full of regret for the night before, Day 2 you are determined to beat this and Day 3...well that is the day it really sinks in you have a lot of work to do to beat this and it's scary. I have failed before on Day 3 many times, but coming here and reading some of the other peoples experience has given me extra strenghth, understanding of the insidious nature of the AV and a place to realise I am not alone in this.

My plan is to keep very busy today and keep close to the good advice and support from the SR community too! Wish I could offer some better advice but I am still learning myself. Keep strong and keep fighting for you!

x