View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
atalose

I am sorry if you feel you are not getting the kind of support you wanted. I think most people’s natural reaction to hearing “the house is on fire” would be to suggest that you get out. Your post title says begging for help, you stated his drinking bothered you and you laid down some boundaries. He didn’t like those boundaries and he made the choice to end the relationship. You are hurting from this because that is not the outcome you wanted. You wanted him to pick you over the booze and he did not.

Yes you have circumstances that make cutting all ties impossible right now. But you also have an emotional attachment that will keep you tied to the hurt, pain, sorrow, anger, resentment while you remain living under the same roof.

You can’t mourn the loss of this relationship while you are still dancing with the corps.

Your mourning is being postponed until the lease ends and I am sure you are hoping to work things out by then and what most of us are telling you is to not count on that and to begin taking care of yourself now today without counting on him for anything. It’s very hard to be so dependent on someone who’s looking to walk out the door. Emotionally detaching from him and from the relationship is the only way to survive the current living conditions and you are struggling with doing that. Instead your dependency on him grows.

I am also starting new medication that makes me vomit daily. How am I supposed to live and take care of myself?
By learning to Independently take care of yourself and your dog. By learning to seek help from someone/someplace other than your exbf. By not letting what he is or isn’t doing control your thoughts and your emotions, attitude and your behaviors.

It’s very natural when someone wants out of a relationship for the person who wants to stay in it to use any and all means available to grasp on, hold tight and not let go of the relationship. Problem with that is the person who wants out feels that control like a noose around their neck and will react by using any and all means available to escape it.